TEST DAY INFORMATION
Test Day Instructions
Please read the following instructions and guidelines. This will ensure that you have a pleasant test day experience and perform to the best of your ability.
You will need to bring your passport (or PR card).
Meeting point (8:00 am)
- Meet outside the entrance to the building (please see address and map below).
- The center will open the doors at 8:00 am and take the stairs to the second floor.
- Please do not smoke in or near the building – this is a regulation of the building.
Registration (8:00 – 8:45am)
- Give the cloakroom staff any bags, electronic devices (including cell phones) and other valuable items.
- Failure to relinquish electronic items will result in immediate dismissal from the test.
- Identity Check: present your valid original passport or PR Card (no other form of identity is accepted).
- Proceed to camera and fingerprint station (if you have a head scarf or veil, you may be asked to remove this item in a separate room)
- Proceed to waiting room. You may use the washroom if necessary at this time.
- Entrance to test room.
Exit procedure and arrangements for lunch
- Once the test has finished and the papers have been collected you may leave the test room.
- Collect your possessions from the cloakroom.
- Confirm the time of your afternoon speaking test.
- You may leave the test center at this point.
- There are various locations nearby where you can have lunch.
Speaking tests (12:50 – 5:30 p.m.)
- Return to the test centre at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time of your speaking test.
- Give the cloakroom staff all bags, electronic devices (including cell phones) and other valuable items.
- You will be asked to verify your identity (using your valid, original passport or Canada Permanent Resident Card) and scan your fingerprint.
- Enter the supervised waiting area.
- Your speaking examiner will collect you from the supervised waiting area and conduct the speaking test in a separate room.
- You may then collect your possessions from the cloakroom and leave the test centre.
- Your results we will be available for pick-up at our centre from 9:00am-4:00pm 13 days after the test. You will need to have photo ID in order to collect your results.
- If you do not come and pick-up your results they will be mailed to the address you provided on your registration form.
- A results preview (not the certificate) will be available to view online 12 days after taking the test. (Instructions will be emailed accordingly.) IELTS Results Preview – https://results.ieltsessentials.com/
Notes regarding punctuality, stationary and possessions
- You will not be admitted into the test center after 8:45 am.
- The test (listening, reading and writing) is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am and is scheduled to finish at 12:00 pm.
- Pencils and erasers will be provided.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted in the test room.
- Our cloakroom is secure and you must either use it or leave valuable / electronic items at home.
- Under no circumstances will Eurocentres San Diego be responsible for lost and / or damaged items – you are encouraged to leave such items at home.
- Please bring drinks, such as water or juice, in a clear container.
- Food is not allowed in the test room (if food is required for medical reasons you must have informed us prior to the registration deadline by way of a Doctor’s letter)
- Reading glasses must be in a clear case.
Eurocentres San Diego
(International Educational Services)
San Diego, CA 92101
PARKING: Eurocentres San Diego recommends arriving early to find parking in one of the nearby parking lots. No exceptions can be made for not arriving on time due to parking issues or traffic.